FEATURED PROJECT: Payroll and Records – Administrative Assistants $15-$17 per hour
SALARY RANGE: $ 14.00 and up
HOURS: Part time, and F/T hours
International Corporation specializing in solutions for common site development problems such as, poor soil conditions and grade changes requiring retaining walls. Due to solid growth, seeking a payroll and records administrative assistants to join team as a permanent employees. Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision is mandatory for these roles and applicants references will be asked directly.
- Accountable and responsible for all relevant activities in preparation of the Company’s multi-company/multi-state payroll to include collecting, reviewing and inputting of data and reviewing and confirming accuracy of paychecks.
- Provide timely and accurate solutions to resolving payroll-related problems as they occur. Answering payroll-related inquiries – both internal and external (Workers Comp, 401(k) and financial audits). Responsible for adherence to payroll policies.
- Assists in development of overall payroll procedures by evaluating and recommending improvements or changes when deemed necessary for greater efficiency.
- Keeps abreast of any changes in wage and/or tax laws.
- Establishes and maintains registration documents with each state to comply with regulations to payroll employees. Responsible for ensuring accuracy of information on file with each state.
- Responsible for trouble-shooting any tax filing discrepancies between the state and ADP.
- Prepares periodic payroll-related reports and analysis.
- Accurately set up child support orders, garnishments and liens in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Communicates changes in premium amounts for voluntary benefits to employees.
- Responsible for ensuring that payroll deductions are correctly set up for a variety of pre-approved Company-sponsored employee programs that have a payroll deduction component. These include, but are not limited to: Employee Activities/Purchases.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information in the HRIS database for all employees. Ensures census information is accurate and up-to-date; as well as all employment-related information; vacation eligibility; progressive counseling documentation. Generate reports, as requested.
- System Administrator for the Workforce Now on-line time and attendance system. Ensures earnings calculations are in compliance with legal requirements and corporate pay guidelines. Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the census information in the database. Sets up and deletes users, as appropriate. Generates reports, as requested. Coordinates the establishment of new earnings codes through payroll.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of census databases for various benefit programs. Assists in benefits administration and recommending processes improvement for greater efficiency. Also responsible for preparing annual census reporting during insurance renewal period.
- Responsible for generating Affirmative Action Plan census reporting.
- Responsible for preparing and filing annual EEO-1 and VETS-100 reports.
- Responsible for COBRA recordkeeping.
- Assists with monthly HR reporting to include employee headcount report and manufacturing hours/overtime/unscheduled absences.
- Assists in new hire orientation to include: E-Verify, payroll-related forms and procedures, and other new hire orientation activities, as requested.
- Maintains accuracy and completeness of employee files. Conducts various file audits, as required. Ensures that confidentiality and retention procedures are in compliance.
- Acts as the Company contact person for employment verification.
- Maintains inventory of HR forms and supplies.
- Assists with planning, organizing and executing Employee Activities and recognition/reward activities/programs.
- Performs other HR-related duties as assigned.
- 1 – 3 years’ payroll/HRIS experience preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (ability to create and edit spreadsheets, as well as manipulate data).
- Must possess ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with all employees at all levels within the company.
- Trustworthy, ethical and reliable.
- Must be sympathetic to employees’ payroll concerns and must remain level-headed if employees become irate over payroll issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
DO NOT CALL, Resume Portfolio / VA Websites will be reviewed online and applicants will be contacted directly. Must have VOT resume profile and website available for review
Submit the form below. Provide your email address and link to your VA website. Company will contact you through VOT or contact information on profile to arrange your telephone interview. Interviews are being scheduled now – apply now!